Tuesday, 28 June 2016

We Have Hot Water

Its amazing what you take for granted. Its only when something fails you realise how important it is.

We got the new immersion fitted yesterday and the water was fine this morning. The electrician discovered the solar panels had not been switch on properly, so they are now ON!! Will see how much it affects the bill. 

Its a year tomorrow since we moved in, it seems to have gone very fast.

I drove into Melton this morning, needed to do a bit of shopping, its the first time I have driven in  to town on my own since we came here. Driving to the quilting group seems to be all I have done driving wise. A gentle stroll to do what I wanted to and then drove home. I have my new passport photos and they are awful!! no glasses on and a face like the back end of the bus. Still thats what they asked for, so thats what they will get. I will post everything off tomorrow. They were very quick taking the money from my account, it went through yesterday.

Left DB cutting the back grass, I think we are going to have to look at a different mower, our little one is not coping with the grass at all, despite the strimmer have been put over it. I will have to do a little research. 

It was supposed to rain from lunch time, its still fine, so no idea what happened there.

Looks like we will have a decent amount of veg this year. We have had strawberries, the white currant bush has a lot of fruit on and so has the little apple tree. I have picked 2 lots of rhubarb and there is more almost ready.








7 comments:

  1. How wonderful to read that you two have hot water once again and that the solar panels are now turned on properly.

    Well done on driving again and happy anniversary of your move to the bungalow, too! What a year of improvements it's been for your sweet home and gardens. Hope the loo update is finally started and finished soon.

    We had a huge thunderstorm and torrential rain come over during the wee hours and it was so noisy we were both awakened.

    It time to see what other fabrics can leave my shelves, boxes, and bins.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back to add that your photos are great and your garden looks WONDERFUL!! Lots of good veggies and fruits to anticipate!

    More hugs - :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They should be paying you guys to live there. ;) I bet they wish all their occupants worked in the gardens like you two. And all your hard work is paying off. We are in a heat wave here. My uncle told us he was having to water, water, water, his veggies because the heat was trying to kill everything. Not much rain falling around us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Barbara Anne your vegetable garden is really looking well and to think what it was like 1 year ago.

    I do think it is important to keep on driving and keep your hand in. Well done.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the garden looks amazing! Credit to all your hard work. Passed your old abode on Sunday as we drove to Smeaton for lunch, no keen gardeners living there now. Kaye X

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an amazing lot of produce! And well done your husband on all that mowing!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anne

    Glad you have the hot water reconnected; and you are right it is always the simple things that we miss. Your garden looks fantastic well done you two. (regards to Edwin. Mine hopefully will be like yours for next year. I have grown a lot of stuff from seed (the bit I like doing) but a little late in setting everything up. My Scarlet Emperor Runner beans have come through though and are nice healthy plants so I shall at least have some runners. Have also set Artichokes and Pattpan Squash. When we moved here first off we always had a bit of a veggie garden especially with the children being with us as it helped supplement the budget but it also got the children into doing a little bit, something in particular which has stayed with my step-daughter so it would appear I have passed something useful on. I got my jam pan going again the one that broke. A little bit of WD 40 and its more than okay. Have made quite a bit of jam i.e rhubarb, rhubarb and strawberry, gooseberry and elderflower (think this one is going to be lovely with some home made croissants, strawberry, pear and chocolate jam, cherry and apricot. I have some bilberries in the freezer and also, blueberries, and some blackcurrants so they may well go the same way with a little home made cassis on the side. So still plenty to do. However your garden does look magnificent well done xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.