Saturday, 23 July 2016

Another scorcher

Another very warm day, not complaining......DB was in the garden all morning. I spent the morning cleaning out my little machine and sorting out stuff in the sewing room.

DB has gone for his siesta so I am going to do a bit of research on the internet.

Supper is what I did not cook yesterday, I have some rhubarb to cook, will have some with ice cream tonight the rest will go in a crumble tomorrow.

We will be eating at lunchtime tomorrow, we are invited to a family tea party at DD2's.....fetched my one and only dress out. Still fits ok, so pressed and hung up. I just need to decide what shoes to wear.

Not a lot to report today, 

Its very muggy outside, there is a breeze but it does not seem to be cooling things down at all.

No sewing, the little machine is packed up, nice and clean now. Waiting for the new baby to arrive on Monday or Tuesday. When I bought the little machine it was all I could afford, now thanks to my dealer I can afford it, just. It has all the things and more that were on the 12000 which I sold when we needed to move from the flat after the landlady decided to pull the house down. It will be good to have more room under the harp to manoeuvre fabric around. I was sad to have to sell the 12000 but it was the only way I could afford to move to Duke Street. This machine does not have the embroidery unit, no problem I have the embroidery machine anyway. I have put the little machine on both Gumtree and Ebay.

Supper is on, so better go and sort out serving it up. I have blitzed the rhubarb and mixed it with custard to make rhubarb fool for dessert, a blob of ice cream on the top will just slip down nicely.

1 comment:

  1. What good use you and DB have made of the very warm day you had today. It's hot here with the heat index above 105*F so the cats are being brought indoors more often so they don't fry.

    How wonderful that your new machine will be arriving so soon! That will be a joy. :)

    I'm nearly back to my starting place on the final machine stitching to attach the binding and have found the paper where I wrote the wording for the quilt's label. It will soon be time to make that label and send the quilt to Texas. That, too, will be a joy. :)

    Stay cool!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.