Thursday, 21 July 2016

Cooler

We had heavy rain last night for about 15 minutes, thunder, but it was far away.

Its much cooler this morning, far more pleasant than the last couple of days.

Made scone and carrot cake this morning, friends coming to afternoon tea tomorrow.

OH informed me late this morning he is bowling tonight, so had to do a quick lunch, had the spag sauce so grated Parmesan, cooked spaghetti and garlic bread. He will have a sandwich and a scone later this afternoon before he goes out.


He also told me he needed his trousers pressing....aarrgghhhh so I have put the steam iron on will go through and press them in a mo.

No gardening apart from picking sweet peas, we have a vase of said flowers in every room and the hall, not in the bedroom though.

The schedule for the village show is out, I am looking through to see what classes I might enter. I cannot decide which quilt to put in, I might put pictures on here and see what the consensus of opinion is.

DB about to go for his siesta, I will press his trousers whilst he is napping. 

Update

DB has just gone off to his bowls match in perfectly pressed pants. I must admit I was very tempted to press the creases down the side seams!! I am going to do my own thing, he will not be back until after 9pm.

I have loaded the recipe for scones and the carrot cake on the recipe page above.


3 comments:

  1. If my DH does that and expects everything to be dropped to deal with pressing trousers when he has had time to warn you then he gets told to do them himself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers for whatever cools these summer days so they're more pleasant. Today is the last of the slightly cooler days for us, then the forecast is for the 90s*F and higher for the coming 10 days.

    Your baking sounds wonderful and I imagine your sweet home smells delicious from the fragrance of the baked goods and the flowers.

    Bother about the last minute pressing need announcement - as if that couldn't have been mentioned before today. Same goes here with DH at times. Sigh!

    I'll be interested to read about the classes for the quilt exhibit for the village show. It will be my pleasure to offer my 2 cents opinion should you choose to post photos of the quilt(s) you might enter.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As happened yesterday, that photo verification process is happening every time I post a comment. Methinks they've got a spanner in the works!

    I don't mind it as it's similar to being in elementary school and I always enjoyed the work books. I know, weird!

    More hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.