Saturday, 9 July 2016

Rain Again

Raining again when we woke up.

DB was supposed to be playing in a bowls match, got his early lunch so he could have a rest before he went out, phone call just after 12 noon, Match off. So he is having his siesta. The rain has stopped he says he is going out to the garden when he gets up.

I am so glad we cut the grass last week it would have been knee high if we had left it.

I shoved the Dyson over the carpet and the kitchen floor, could not be bothered to dust, as my Grand mother used to say, 'the dust will be there when you are long gone!!'

I am working on the handouts for the zipper bags for the quilting group, most of them will be ok, but my visual learner will not get it I know......I also need to work on the instructions for the star blocks for the Christmas mats/runner. I will have to make one myself to ensure the measurements etc are ok.

Email from SIL last night, so replied to that this morning, 

After the fest last week the village is quiet, our next door to the left neighbour has gone to Wales for a week with her daughters. 

I am considering having a coffee morning for some of the ladies in the village, mostly from the coffee group and a couple of others I know. I want to try and sell some of my Christmas stuff thats left over. Will float the idea and see what response I get.

No idea whats for supper tonight, I was not expecting DB to be here, so nothing planned. Might take some ham out of the fridge and make a salad. We have a banana which needs eating so that's dessert sorted.

1 comment:

  1. This is late as it's been a busy day here - or feels so to me with my fatigue issues.

    Well done on all that accomplished there despite the derailed plans for the bowls club.

    What fun for the sewing group to make those zipper bags and I wish your visual learner well. Hope you have fun planning and making the Christmas mat/runner and getting the measurements for that written out. Good you're starting early, too!

    Your thought of having the ladies in your neighborhood in for a morning coffee is just delightful. I imagine all of them would be happy to come. The more the merrier.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.