Wednesday, 27 July 2016

Wednesday.

I spent hours last night trying to get through to A & E to see what was happening. I gave up at 1am. I phoned this morning to be told that he was still in A & E waiting for a bed. He was laid on a trolly for over 12 hours.

They moved him to a ward this morning. It appears that the problem is the movement of crystals in his inner ear. They are going to give him some medication to take when it happens. Strangely this was what they thought the problem was 8 years ago when he had so many dizzies. We now know that was not the case.

I spent the morning sewing, drove in to see DB this afternoon, just got home and had my supper. A piece of quiche left from Sunday and salad.

It was raining when I got up this morning but cleared and its been another lovely day, breeze to keep it cool. The hospital was very warm, they had fans going.

Not sure when he might be home, but I do know he will not be coming in the morning, I have the quilting class in the afternoon, so no one here for him. He will ring me after he has seen the Dr in the morning.

I did sleep last night, but was awake early, had my breakfast in bed, so I was sewing by 9 am.

The map book fro France has arrived today. I am hoping that DB will be ok to go. I am not going to do anything until we see how this pans out.

Right time to put my feet up and relax.

3 comments:

  1. Ta for the update on Edwin and am so sorry he was on the stretcher for so long as that couldn't have been comfortable. It's good to hear that the cause of these dds may have finally been confirmed as what we nurses have thought all along. Vertigo = inner ear trouble most of the time.

    Take good care of yourself during this time of uncertainty, eat well (like that quiche and salad!), sleep, enjoy books, friends, and your garden.

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your husband is feeling better now Anne and that you're ok too - take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stressful time for you! A&E can be such souless places and to be kept on a trolley for that long is abysmal, but hopefully he will be home soon and one step forward to solving the Dizzy problem, take care (hugs)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.