Wednesday, 31 August 2016

Installing the wet room Day one

The chap came just after 9 am. Started unloading all the stuff, we are getting a new wash basin as well.

We nipped into town to Morrison and then took DB for a haircut, home by lunch time.

Returned to find the bathroom in the garden.......a lot of banging and crashing going on. The carpet in the hall is covered as is part of the sewing room, the tray for the shower is in and we have a hole in the wall for the extractor fan.

DB went for his siesta, I nipped off to see the hairdresser and get my hair cut, had it cut short at the back.... Much cooler.

Physio came to see DB she has given him some exercises for his knee and numb thumb.....

I spent half an hour working on a block for the Christmas workshops in October and November. I could not quite remember how it went, have sussed it ok. I just have to sort out the star block for place mats. Both are made with 2 1/2" strips.

It's been another very warm day, we are expecting rain later, we need it.

I failed again at the Morrison plant stall, 2 plants jumped into the basket again. I am going to have to stop going to that shop. I seem to be able to resist them in all the other stores except Morrison.......

2 comments:

  1. Anne
    He should have put plenty of dust sheets down to cover your carpets - council workmen or contractors are told to ensure that they use adequate protection for customers possessions - when the clerk of works come round to check on the works - tell him that your carpets have been covered in plaster dust and debris - I hope he cleaned up the mess for you too and didn't leave you to do it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to have the work well on the way for your much needed wet room!! The mess and noise will be so worth putting up with in just a few day's time. Sweet!

    Wishing DB well on his diligence with doing the exercises. AMIL was really gung-ho doing her post-stroke exercises and they really helped her regain her strength and stability.

    Applause in getting some sewing done and in figuring out the star block!

    I'm about to be off to the library and grocery on this hot, dry day. We have rain possible tonight and tomorrow and need it very badly. Come on, sweet rain!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.