Wednesday, 10 August 2016

My Birthday...Don''t Make Me Laugh

The hospital rang me at 3.15 pm to say that DB was being taken down to the discharge lounge. At 6.20 pm DB rang me to say he was still there and would have to wait up to another 2 hours before he got brought home!! I jumped in the car and went to fetch him.

Omce home, a cup of tea and bed. Apart from waking once for the toilet he slept through to just after 8 am, so a reasonable night. Had breakfast in bed then got up, washed and dressed. A short walk up the garden with his stick. 

We had a visit from the district nurses, they took notes of all that had been going on. 

Soup with bread and yogurt for his lunch and then he went for a rest. Got up and promptly had a dizzy......I told the hospital I did not want him home till they got to the bottom of why they had started again, do they take any notice NO!! I just cannot cope any more....I have had 8 years of this and I am fed up. Just a brief period whilst he was dizzy and palp free and now we are back at square one.

The nurses came to give DB his injection, they are coming earlier tomorrow so the weekend staff can give him his injection at 1 pm. Well I have news for them, after the weekend I am going to take over and give them to him at 6pm which is the time the Dr specified.

DB appears to have fought off the dizzy, only took him an hour and a half.......of course I can waste an hour and a half whilst he gets over it. We will soon be engulfed in hospital visits again......just like we were years ago.

Holiday to France cancelled.....no chance of a holiday anywhere whilst he is like this.

11 comments:

  1. Sorry for all of the annoying kerfuffle that's going on with the medical care there but am glad Edwin is home once more. I know he must be over the moon glad to be home.

    Bother about the dd happening again and it is good it didn't last too long. Good, too, that you could get on with things to do while he was in bed.

    Wishing you a very happy birthday!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    Hope you and Edwin have a nice day with no worries.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Anne....Happy Birthday! Xxxx

      Delete
  3. I was so very sorry to hear how badly the discharge procedure from hospital was handled. It is shameful to say the least. All that waiting around and you finally having to go and get him. NHS failed. Thank goodness you have a car and able to drive.

    I am sure you will be a strong advocate for Edwin and hope you can get the medical people to sort out what is going on with him and his dizzy spells. It is all such a worry for you both.

    I do hope the remainder of the day on which you celebrate your birthday is calm. I wish you many more.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear Anne - I'm not surprised that the hospital sent Edwin home before they secured a proper diagnosis - they just don't care about the 'after care' required after a spell in hospital as long as it's no longer their responsibility to 'care'- I hope that being back in his own home and bed will help with his recovery and that it all gets easier for you too - chin up, Anne -(will understand if you say bugger off to that last statement!) hugs from me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday-I'm sorry you had no chance to enjoy it. You always seem such a strong person so hopefully you will get the most appropriate care sorted for your husband. It's very frustrating trying to get adaptations done to a home to make it suitable for the needs of the residents and many accidents could be avoided, I'm sure, if the safety needs were met quickly. I'm sorry you have had to cancel your holiday but it would have been such a stressful time that you were wise to cancel now. Try to take care of yourself as best you can and hope you know that your blogging friends are wishing you well. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  6. [hugs anne] and happy birthday - lets hope that something is sorted soon for both your sakes.

    take care honey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you a Happy Birthday. I hope you will at least take time for a cup of tea and put your feet up for a few minutes. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Anne, probally not the best of Birthdays for you I bet! I hope you can do something nice if not today then tommorow!
    On the subject of France,things might change by next year, don't rule out the possibility of going there,play it by ear!
    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday. I'm shocked they let him come home after the diagnoses of clots, then he passes out in the bathroom, plus all the other problems! There has to be something they aren't finding. I thought the health care here was bad. Prayers you guys find a way to deal with the problems.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you managed to salvage a little bit of birthday happiness. Your DB is a fortunate man indeed to have you there to care for him, what would he do with out you?
    Hopefully things will improve in the days to come and you will both be able to enjoy what is left of the summer and all the hard work you put in to your lovely garden.
    Best regards, Julie x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.