Thursday, 18 August 2016

That which was lost... is found!!!

Watered the garden last night, hopefully for the last time just now, rain is forecast for tomorrow.

As I watered the front garden I realised that there was a fine net over some of the plants at the far side......yes!! the net I lost the other night. So it was carefully unravelled and then put over the lavender and the ground where the cats were defecating  result, this morning, no scratched earth on the path!! result.....

I have been thinking quite a bit about how to make the garden less labour intensive, I am going to dig out the plants and bulbs in the front. I will put the bulbs in pots for now, then weed kill the ground and cover with weed suppressing mat and pebbles, planting through the suppressant. Hopefully that will help to keep the ground reasonably weed free. If I do see weeds growing they need to be taken out by hand straight away.

I saw my neighbours gardener yesterday, I asked her about the back, she is coming to see me on Saturday and we will discuss what we can do there. I want to grass another large piece and just have 4 raised beds. If necessary I will have the whole lot grassed apart from where the fruit bushes are and go from there.

I have my pelvic XRay this morning, am going on to DD2's she is coming with me to see DB this afternoon. I phoned last night and he was ok. They are trying a different medication for his dizzies, so far it is not working, once again I think they are barking up the wrong tree but we will see. I need to put fuel in the car again.

It was a misty start to the morning, and it is quite cool with a breeze, autumn will soon be here.

Look for an update later................

DD2 and I went in to see DB this afternoon. I am very concerned about him, he is looking very frail. He has lost a lot of weight and says the hospital meals are rubbish, he has no appetite. I am hoping they get him to melton as soon as possible, he needs a lot of building up.

DD2 made pasta bol for supper and we had a wafer ice cream for dessert, will not need much more to eat tonight.

Day off tomorrow. Step son is going so I will visit on Saturday and Sunday. Then need to sort out visiting next week if he is still in the Royal.

Its been another very warm day again, its supposed to rain after lunch tomorrow so I need to get laundry washed early so it dries. I have a couple of jobs to do, but will have a break between for a sit down and a cup of tea.

Off to make myself a cuppa and put my feet up for a while.




4 comments:

  1. Marvelous that your wayward netting has been found and that it's thwarted the cats.

    Have you thought of putting a very low ground cover plant in your front garden so it would be green but require no mowing?

    It sounds like another busy day for you but hope you have good fun with DD2 and find DB in good spirits. Bother that the new meds are of no help to DB. Has there been any word on his transfer to rehab?

    Our cooler day with rain today didn't happen so it's only a tad less hot but still humid.

    Will be back to read your update ...

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts and prayers continue for you and your OH. I hope they are able to relocate him soon. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sorry DB is so poorly. When my dad was in hospital there was a nutritionist we could speak to who started monitoring his intake. and I took in high calorie stuff as well eg egg custard and fruit fools to try to stop the weight loss. Not easy and a great worry for you, sorry. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne, my first job was in a hospital kitchen and there was an area of the kitchen called "Nourishments". The staff there made milk shakes and other high calorie yummy things for patients who needed extra nutrition. You should call the dietitian (assuming there is one) to ask about that. Like Cathy wrote, perhaps you can take in some foods DB likes and that will travel well.

    There is no excuse for the medical staff to ignore the weight loss.

    Am glad you had a good meal with DD2 and her good company for your visit.

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.