Thursday, 25 August 2016

Thursday

Raining first thing then it cleared up.

DB up around 10 am. The occupational health lady came closely followed by the nurse. DB is to get physio for his leg and we are getting a surround for the toilet and also a chair for the shower.....

I had a parcel to get away, sorted it out to go by Parcel Force 24 hours, so it would get to its destination tomorrow.

Took it to our local post office, they could not accept it, they are only a sub office It needed to go to the main post office in town!!

I gave DB his lunch and saw him into bed with strict instructions not to get out until I got back. I was lucky managed to park outside the PO and the chap carried the parcel in for me, so thats it away. I then hurtled round Lidl to get fresh fruit and salad stuff we do not have in the garden and raced home. DB had been awake about 10 minutes. Phew......

Shopping all put away and a very welcome cup of tea....it started to rain whilst I was on my way home, it seems to have stopped again. It is very close out, not nice. I have the back and front doors open to get some air through.

We still have the holes in the garden and road. I hope they come tomorrow to fill them in, otherwise it will be Tuesday before they get done, Monday is a bank holiday here.

DB wants me to take him to the library in Bingham.......that will be interesting, just see how far he can really walk with a stick.....

Obviously I was unable to go to the quilting group this afternoon. Lynne will keep every one on the straight and narrow, they were making scissor cases. Madam college lecturer was taking the class.

No plans for the weekend, just to take life easy before the storm....I am not doing the Friday clean no point its all going to be messed up again next week.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you managed to get all done that needed doing and that DB was a good boy and stayed put while you were gone.

    Does the physio person recommend a walker for DB until he's stronger? I hope there are lots of chairs available at the library so he can walk but sit as necessary.

    How wonderfully wise of you to give yourself a break from the housework with the upheaval ahead for the shower reno!

    I was up early today because I seem to have been bitten by 100s of mosquitoes when I moved the sprinkler around the yard yesterday. This morning I was nuts from the itching here, there, and nearly everywhere so took some Benedryl with my breakfast. It stopped the insane itching but made me very, very sleepy.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lovely lady called Barbara Anne has a really good idea with the zimmer frame. See if he can manage a wheeled one as it is easier and you are on one floor. Hospitals are still at it; they know he would be better in rehab but he is using a bed where he was, not good. The pressure we used to have to conduct home visits and discharge patients used to be tremendous. Make sure that you get plenty of rest when you can, and get a sitter for when you need to go out. Much love Andie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.