Thursday, 4 August 2016

Thursday

I am at home today, my step son is going in to see his Dad tonight, so I am having a well deserved day off. although I have been busy.

I went to bed just after 9 pm last night, only lasted a few minutes before I was in slumberland, woke at 6 am but lay in until after 8.

Did the ironing from Monday first thing then after a cup of coffee down to the post office. Back I did an hours weeding in the herbaceous bed, my goodness the ground is cracking for want of rain and some of the weeds were huge. I came in for my lunch.

Decided to go back out after lunch, lasted 25 minutes before it started to rain, shut up shop and came in......rain did not last long the sun is out again and steam rising from the paths.

I phoned the hospital this morning DB was just having his breakfast. Had not heard anything by lunch time so rang again. He had just come back from having his chest scan and was eating his lunch, he has not had a dizzy today. No idea whats going on......but he is not coming home till he is sorted. my nerves will not stand it.

Got a bit of a mixed bag for my supper, bacon and courgette fritatta with new potato's and  green beans. I am picking about a lb of beans a day just now. Think DD2 will be getting some tomorrow for Sunday.

Have had to send all my details again for the car insurance they have lost everything...brilliant......was not sure if I still had the correspondence luckily found it in the car file, DB must have filed it away.

Right am going to sign off for now and have a nana nap, I think I deserve one, may be back later.

Update.

DB has been diagnosed with a clot in his lung, no idea what they are going to do about it, but it does explain the blackouts. I still do not know how someone on Warferin can get a clot, but there you are.

3 comments:

  1. Well, at least you know what it is at long last. I have been on warfarin for over ten years and I was wondering if he had been having problems keeping to his target. My INR is fairly high as I have a blood disorder that makes my blood clot too easily. My INR is between 3-4 and I wonder if they might just put up your hubbies to that rate. Also they might add aspirin with the warfarin. Has he ever had a lupus blood test? that is how they found my problem. I would imagine that he has been compliant with his medication as he sounds a sensible chap. If his INR has been dropping too low this might also account for the clot. I have a dosette box that I keep just the warfarin in, the other medication I keep in the cupboard but I make sure that I check the dosette box as, in the past, I have thought I have taken it and realised that it is still in the box. It is so easy to miss a dose no matter how stringently you follow the instructions. I am sure they will sort him out now they know. I am so pleased that you know now. much love Andie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully..... all will be sorted. Including lack of communication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a disorder called Antiphospholipid Syndrome or APS. That is what I have and I forgot to say that he might need Lupus Anticoagulant blood test as that is how they diagnosed me. I hope you do not think I am a pesky sodding know it all, far from it, but it is so important that your hubby gets the correct diagnosis. He is in the right place even if he cannot get a cup of tea!! (that would kill me). Sleep well, the cure will come I am sure. Love Andie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.