Tuesday, 23 August 2016

Tuesday

I woke at 7am, wondered if there was a poltogist in the house, footsteps doors creaking.....door was the bathroom the wind was making it swing, I looked out of the curtains and a chap unloading a lorry onto the front lawn. Things for the gas board to start in the morning.......so it looks like a busy few weeks.

I have to empty the airing cupboard, so when I get back from the hospital I am clearing the tables in the sewing room and putting the things from the airing cupboard onto the tables.

Step son said DB was a bit depressed, I am not surprised, he is in a two bedded ward on his own, they forget he is there, twice they have forgotten to order his meals........I have my war paint on, I want some answers......

I am trying to get a photograph to load its not playing ball just now.

My little machine is all packed up and ready to go when the cash hits my account...... still waiting.


                            As you can see the gas man cometh.

Went in to see DB, he had a slight dizzy before I got there, but managed to shave his beard with me supporting him in the bathroom. Took him clean jammies etc. I will go again on Thursday.

May be I should explain about the meals. There is a server for each ward, they go round and take the orders from each patients meals, the orders are then sent by email to the kitchen which is off site. The meals come back ready to be re-heated in microwaves before being served to the patients. DB ordered salmon and salad last night, he said the salmon had no taste and the hollandaise sauce was just a big lump on the side of the plate, He was glad I took him stuff in on Sunday. Some of the meals are ok but most of them are pretty awful. Something else I will be complaining about when he gets out.

He has accepted that he has to wait for a bed to become free at Melton. Apparently the only free beds are at St Lukes just now.

Our neighbour across the road is home, collected yesterday, he had a urine infection which was causing the problem, he is quite week but glad to be home.

It occurred to me that I should take a picture of our bathroom as it is so here goes......



To the right is the airing cupboard, then the mini bath which DB cannot sit in his legs are too long and the wash hand basin, the bath will disappear and a walk in shower will replace it, the floor will be covered with a non slip waterproof covering. The area round the shower to the wash basin will be tiled and there will be a weighted curtain round the shower. When the heating goes in it will go in the airing cupboard. I have to empty everything out ready for them to start next week. Will not be doing any sewing will not be able to get into the sewing room for the stuff from the airing cupboard!! I was actually standing in the doorway when I took the photo.





I have emptied the airing cupboard, its all in the sewing room. I guess the mess is going to get worse before it gets better!! There may also a a complication, more of that later. The parcel is the  machine I sold yesterday, I have to get it picked up for delivery.

5 comments:

  1. Oh good news that you woke and looked out and a lorry was unloading things on the front lawn for the gas board - they are keeping their word.

    "twice they have forgotten to order his meals" - "they forget he is there" - words fail me. I do hope a bed opens up quickly at Melton. It has got to be an improvement over where he is currently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy things are moving forward for the work to be done on your dear bungalow - at last!! The coming mess you'll have to deal with will be so worth it.

    Now to the nursing staff "forgetting" DB ... WHAT??????? That's grounds for being written up twice for the missed meals, not to mention the care and perhaps medicines DB didn't get due to clear negligence. Why do meals have to be ordered daily for each patient? It seems from my decades of working as a nurse, diet orders went to the kitchen and meals in compliance with the order came up 3 times a day at mealtime. When the diet order changed, the patient changed rooms, or the patient was discharged, new diet orders when to the kitchen so the meals were updated, sent to the new room, or stopped because the patient had left the hospital. War paint is called for, IMHO!

    Fingers crossed that a bed at the Melton hospital will be available very, very soon.

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I now understand the meal set-up at that hospital. Surely DB's room has a card on the door or some such signal to passersby and staff that the room is occupied. That would signal to the server that there is a patient inside the room who will need food OR the server needs a print-out of the patient names for each ward. Whatever method they're using is NOT working so they need a better method. Bother that most of the food is awful, too.

    Good to see you're on top of things in preparing for the work ahead! Hope all complications stay at bay and that you're still able to have some sort of airing cupboard somewhere in the bungalow.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so tidy! The sewing room looks much tidier than mine but then that wouldn't be difficult! Glad to hear the adaptations are going ahead to make your home a safe and warm place to live. Hope the machine sale has gone through and the boost to your finances arrives. Take care and don't overdo things. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope that DB gets to Melton soon. Sending hugs and hoping he gets some better meals soon xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.