Wednesday, 17 August 2016

Wednesday The riddle of the lost net???

Yesterday I got fed up with the cats using our front garden for their toilet, I went and fetched some netting to put over the plants to try and stop them. I forgot to take the brush, put down the net and the pegs, when I came back the net had disappeared, no sign of it anywhere........where did the net go?????

This morning I went in to see DB, my step son told me last night that DB with a dizzy sometime yesterday, tried to get on to his bed, missed and passed out trapped between the chair and the wall. No one could see him, he was at the far side of the bed and there were only 4 beds in the bay. It was only when a nurse came in to another patient they found him. Heaven knows how long he has been there.

The Drs wanted to send him home, he told them no way, I am not fit enough to look after him in his present state. In fact if they try to I will refuse to have him home. After 8 years I need a break. I really need him to go to rehab, give me a bit of breathing space.

DB started with another dizzy whilst I was there, I got him onto the bed, decided there was no point in staying, so went and told the nurses at the station and came home, so an hour and a half journey there and back £1,50 to park for 35 minutes and I was back at home.
I am going back tomorrow with DD" but not till the afternoon.

The washer is on, PJ's to wash and a shirt, will take them back tomorrow. He needs enough stuff to last till Saturday.

I phoned the council this morning about the shower and the heating, I am still waiting for them to ring me back........whats new???

Need to pick beans will have some with my supper, I have a couple of frozen yorkshire puds going to have them with some sausage and veg. Any spare will go to DD2.

Its another nice day, the weather is due to break up on Friday so will have to get what washing I can done and dried before Friday.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that DB fell and was trapped between the bed and table. Couldn't he yell or couldn't one of the other patients in the room called for help? That is outrageous. Also outrageous was the suggestion DB come home. Hope you can speak to the doctor or nurse to ask about a room at rehab, making it clear that is the only place he is going!

    Wishing you speedy action on the heating and shower. Well, too much time has already passed for the work to be done speedily, but we can start now and hope!

    Your dinner sounds wonderful and there's nothing better than fresh picked veggies. I still miss our garden.

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever next !? And they want to send him home....ye gods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to read your blog post today. Amazed that one of the other patients didn't call or ring for help when DB went down. Shocked that the doctor wanted to send him home. What on earth are they thinking.
    So easy to break a hip when you go down like that.

    Hospitals here will provide you with a clean gown/pj's each day and you get a menu with choices that you can choose what you want to eat and drink. You hear a lot of bad things about the American health system but it has a lot of good things.

    Is there anyone locally you can contact to get the issues with DB sorted and the council about the shower and heating?

    We do know that you are doing your very best but what a state of affairs. You shouldn't have to jump thru hoops to get things done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why not contact the boss-chap from the council who sorted out the delay previously? Explain that Edwin will need the work to be done asap?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I echo the sentiments of the others, horror of wanting to send DB home😱I'm glad you are sticking to your guns and refusing to have DB home without some form of help or care plan in place, it's a sad state affairs we should have to do this at all, but such is the health service and the cut backs they have, and the need for them to ship out vulnerable people at the drop of hat, makes it a necessary evil, take care x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.