Friday, 2 September 2016

Installing the wet room day 3

We were late getting up, overslept, but the workman was later himself. A van came and two chaps lifted all the rubbish from the old bathroom off the front grass.

The wet room floor is now in and the tiles are being grouted, so the end is in sight, the shower itself  has to be fitted and the rail put up etc.

We did not appear to have had any overnight rain, but half was through the morning it rained steadily for quite a while.

We have had a lazy few days, not much we can do whilst the work is going on. I am still trying to get hold of the computer chappie, both lap tops are us just now.

I rang my quilting friend and made arrangements to go over tomorrow, we have more shallots for her and will take some tomato's, they are all ripening rapidly just now.

Whilst DB was having his siesta the chair for the shower arrived, I have to arrange for the bed guard to go back, it is not being used, I have to arrange for a pick up.

I am feeling very tired just now, think it's because I am having to sit about so much........no news yet about the heating, need to give them a ring and remind them the gas is in.

Smoked haddock, poached egg and bread for supper, banana for dessert.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for steady progress in the wet room reno!! Will the workers come to work again tomorrow or not until Monday? It would be nice to have the weekend to yourselves but perhaps nicer to have the work finished sooner.

    Going to see your quiltie friend is just the thing to brighten your spirits and her spirits, too. Have fun!

    I'm finally about to start machine quilting "Making Tracks" as I've been out of energy this week, too.

    We may get rain from what's left of Hurricane Hermine tonight and tomorrow or it may miss us.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.