Saturday, 17 September 2016

Saturday and its wet

I slept in this morning, DB woke me just before 9.30 with my breakfast, I finally  managed into the shower at 10.30. Since then I have been mucking about with various things.

DB is now cleared to drive again, so he went for the TV times. I had just got out the shower when he came back.

Its a nasty wet day and cold.....I am fighting the urge to light the fire.......managed to resist so far.

Made some scones after lunch and also put a loaf on, we are out of bread. DB wants macaroni cheese for supper, will use some of our glut of tomatoes to make a tomato and cucumber salad to go with it.  I need to get myself into gear and make some passatta.

Not a lot to report really very quiet day so far.

1 comment:

  1. It's great that you're having a pleasant and quiet day since all was so busy last week. Better yet, you had a lie-in, breakfast in bed, and DB ran the errand to get the TV timetable. Add to that, the continued bliss of a working shower to enjoy. Sweet!

    We're back to warmer and still dry so it's worrisome for this time in September. I read that you in the UK had your hottest day in September yesterday - or was it Friday?

    I'm about to hand stitch the binding corners on Making Tracks, then hope to machine sew the top side of the binding and this little quilt will be finished at last. I think I made the 7" Bear Paw blocks in the mid-1990s. Oh, dear!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.