Saturday, 10 September 2016

Saturday

Raining when we finally got up, and it has rained for most of the day.

I deep cleaned the kitchen and also re hoovered the sitting room carpet, we found more glass from the wine glass I broke last night.

DB went for his siesta, I have spent most of the afternoon working on the tutorial for the Christmas star, I understand it but whether anyone else will is another matter. My machine kept shredding the cotton, skipping stitches and breaking thread, I need to have a sort out and see whats going on. I have done all the things they tell you to do, have changed the needle twice, but it still keeps skipping and then the thread breaks aarrgghhh.....

DB is getting on ok with the compter, he does have a problem remembering how to switch it off but I am sure he will get it eventually.

Time to cook the greasy spoon supper, bacon eggs tomato's and fried bread................



This is the quilt I am putting in the show tomorrow.


                             after the quilting was finished.

5 comments:

  1. How marvelous that you got the rain you needed but could still accomplish indoor tasks.

    Wonderful, too, that DB is getting the hang of using your old laptop. Changing machines does have a learning curve, doesn't it?

    Your Scrappy Churn Dash quilt is lovely and the setting you chose shows the on-point blocks to their best advantage! Fingers crossed you win a delightful prize!

    We're forecast to have cooler weather starting tomorrow and that will be very welcome. I hope to sew the binding and hanging triangles on the Making Tracks small quilt today.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I forgot to say the Flying Geese in the Churn Dash borders is the perfect touch and the larger photo was a nice surprise, too!

    More hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is beautiful Anne - you are one very clever lady to have made that - personally I think that you'll be bringing that winning cup back home again with you - really looking forward to your tutorial too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work. Hope you win a prize. Catriona

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.