Sunday, 11 September 2016

Sunday

We were late to bed last night having watched the last night of the proms, so it was well after 11 before we crawled into bed.

Awake early, we needed to go to the village hall and put in the exhibits before going into Melton, DB has been wittering for weeks about a new watch, his best one wants a new battery and his old work watch was past redemption, so a cheapo from Argos, a new tippex white out and I needed a couple of heads for the dish washer mop.

We had our lunch and DB retired for his siesta, I flicked through the Argos catalogue for something to do.

Off to the village hall to see how our exhibits went. DB got 2 third prizes for photos, I got a second for the knitted blanket, but my favourite quilt was not placed, oh well I that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes. That's it for another year, no silverware to clean, there was no best in show. The quilt is now back on the bed.

Roast shoulder of English lamb for supper tonight. Roast spuds, green beans cabbage and roast courgette....made an apple and blackberry crumble for dessert.

For those of you who are interested the Christmas tutorial is up. I hope you can all understand the instructions, it was only when I wrote them down I realised how awkward it was, I actually need to undo a bit, my machine was not co operating yesterday for some reason and it chewed up a point, so I need to undo it and re sew it. I will put the borders on this week and photograph it again.


5 comments:

  1. They obviously had forgotten their spectacles Anne - that quilt was gorgeous and deserved to run away with first prize - off to look at the tutorial now thanks Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read the tutorial Anne and it did all make sense - will have a go at it soon - it looks very effective when you put the blocks together in a row thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and DB had a busy day and I congratulate you on your 2nd place win and his two 3rd place wins! As Trudie said, the judges certainly missed correctly awarding 1st place in the quilt category. Your lovely Churn Dash quilt is still a winner in my book!

    Ta for the helpful tutorial, too! Hope the seam ripping and re-sewing you want to do isn't too bothersome.

    It's cloudy and cooler here but no rain in the forecast. Sigh! I'm sitting and reading instead of making a label and sewing binding onto the wee Bear Paw quilt.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe your stunning quilt wasn't best in show. Me thinks that they thought it was your turn last year. But to me that has nothing to do with it. Many thanks for your wonderful tute. I will defo have a try. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not know a lot about quilts but I loved your quilt. I agree with kathy and my thought was they were not about to let you win 2 years in a row.

    I have an unfinished quilt that my late mother-in-law started. I wish you were closer to I could let you finish it!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.