Monday, 12 September 2016

Sunny Monday

Another sunny morning, but the stiff breeze is cooling it down, there is a definite feeling of autumn in the air.

Monday clean done, bed changed, linen on the line, towels in the washer now. First Monday clean done for a couple of weeks.

Expecting the heating people tomorrow to do the survey and give us a time frame. I have to admit I am not looking forward to the mess or the noise, will have to spend my time with blinkers on and ear muffs. In the afternoon DB has an appointment at the hospital which is on the edge of the town.

The lamb yesterday was delicious, sweet and tender. I have to take the meat off the bone and slice it up, will make sandwiches and probably another cooked dinner, so in foil in the freezer. I will do the bone with some broth mix and the jelly from the juices for scotch broth. Soup time is coming faster than we think. It was almost dark at 8 pm last night. Have resisted the temptation to light the fire, just put another jumper on.

One lot of laundry is dry, I have folded it, the sheet and duvet cover can go straight in the airing cupboard, the pillow cases will need to be shown to the iron. Towels are out now, it keeps clouding over, hope they dry before it rains.....nothing worse than hauling wet towels in wetter than when they went out!!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear that the heating survey will be done tomorrow and that you very soon have central heating. I do love an open fire however as I get older I find it more and more difficult to do all the work this entails. Hopefully the mess won't be as bad as the wet room remodel.

    Your meals always sound delicious.

    Hope the appointment at the local hospital with DB goes well.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.