Wednesday, 7 September 2016

Wednesday

Last night I decided to withdraw from the quilting group. I have been aware for a while of an under current, lead by someone who told me she was a beginner, but it became obvious that she was not and in fact belonged to 2 other quilting groups. Then I was told that one of the deputy leaders had told a friend she could come and join the group. I had already suggested that the lady come to see me first as she too, I was told, had done patchwork before. I was not willing to accept a new member at this stage with the group until I saw for myself how experienced she was.

I have sent messages to all the ladies, my deputy who takes care of the cash has said she will also leave, and would like to stay in touch, It may be that an independant group evolves, we will see.
One of the ladies did email me to say that she entered her sampler quilt in the village show and got 2nd place, which just proves, despite what some people seem to think,  my methods of teaching do work.

We went round to the chapel for coffee this morning, a good group, we seem to be increasing in numbers each month which is good. There is no charge for the coffee but we leave £1 each time.

Waiting for the electrician to call and let me know what time he might arrive. I cannot wait to get the towels etc back in the airing cupboard. I know they will have to come out for the heating to be done, but I might get my sewing room back for a couple of weeks.

After mu blow out yesterday DB seems to have pulled himself together......last evening the atmosphere was very frosty, by this morning things had changed. I am certain he does not realise the strain he puts on me, I am not prepared to subject myself to those streeses any more. If he falls he is just going to have to pick himself up.

Its a rather warm day, I have the front door on the chain and the back door wide open to get a bit of a through breeze. I am hoping to cut part, if not all of the back grass this afternoon.

I promised you pictures of the wet room.......

This is the base for the shower area.


Hole in the wall for the vent axia


Covering put down over the hall carpet


Carpet covering in my sewing roo., new mash hand basin in bits


Posh tiling


Tiling and connections for the outside tap and the wash hand basin


The floor with the leveling scree on, creates a slight slope so the water runs into the drain.


Almost finished, wash hand basin in, the floor covering is down. Just bits and bobs to do now.


2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that sometimes it takes a blowout to clear the air. Sounds that is what was needed. Clearly you can not be with DB every minute so he has to be careful and take responsibility for himself. Do not feel guilty about what you choose to do each day.

    Lovely that you have such a nice coffee group at the Chapel. It is so good for both you and DB. Expect your donation is appreciated.

    Hope next time you post the electrician has been and you have at long last had a nice long hot shower.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear things at home aren't as frosty as they have been and that you've made a good decision about the quilting group. Both will make your days much more pleasant!

    Nice to see pictures of the progress in the wet room! I hope the electrician has been and finished this arvo so you have a working shower. Are you taking your first shower right now?! I hope there are a couple of hooks and/or towel bars somewhere for towels and robes to hang.

    Do you suppose the pastor of the church where the coffee group meets could find someone to stay with DB while you're running errands?

    It's been raining gently here but we also could do with several days of good rain. I'm soon off to the library and the grocery to get mushrooms.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.