Wednesday, 14 September 2016

Wednesday

It has been a bit of a frustrating morning. Yesterday some dim wit at the council told DB that our gas meter was on order, this morning I phone our suppliers and ask to get an account. What's the gas point number? What number.? We do not have one. Well we cannot supply you with gas, we need the number!!!! DB rang the council and got another dim wit on the phone, he kept telling her that we needed the number, I could not hear the reply but guess she kept telling him the same thing. Eventually, before he put the he phone down he was put through to some one, who has promised to sort it and will ring us back with the number.

It was very misty first thing, real autumn morning, the sun has just broken through, so we look like getting a warm afternoon. I went out to the garden and got a sweet corn we had it with some bread and butter for lunch. Scrummy!!

DB will be going for his siesta shortly, I need to do a bit in the sewing room, I am prepping another project for the quiltin page. I cannot publish it until my lap top is working properly.

I do need to get out into the garden and do some more weeding. Some of the plants need cutting nag down and some will have to be moved.

I am really sad that the GBBO is to go to channel 4. I will not be watching it on there, I just cannot imagine it with commercial breaks, it will not be the same without the present presenters. I know that the two girls have said they will not move, someone said that Ant and Dec might present it, I hate them, just cannot stand either of them. I cannot see Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry going to channel 4 either, the programme just will not be the same.

I have spent the very hot afternoon in th sewing room, quiltin ng and binding the mat and taking photos. You will have to wait for the rest of the page to be published, my lap top is not behaving as it should.

DB went out to the garden but soon came in, it was 81f by the kitchen door, far too hot for comfort.

Liver and sausage for supper, I made  fruit jelly, it will do us for at least two suppers.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you. The GBBO will not be the same without the same people. They made it funny and enjoyable. Ana USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get the British Bake Off on our pbs station.
    I really enjoy that program.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the bother about the gas number and the dim wits that seem to answer phones in too many places!

    I just sent an email to a worthy group who wants me to sign their petition to save some part of the planet. The hiccup is that they require you to give your phone number AND there is the note that when you give the phone number that means you're agreeing to getting text messages from them. No way I'll agree to that, so I wrote to ask them to correct that catch 22 situation.

    It's hot here and we're looking forward to tomorrow when the high is forecast to be 81*F. That's cool to us!

    Am happy to hear you're preparing another helpful tutorial. Ta!

    I've run errands and still have a quiche to make, so may take a nana nap. :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.