Friday, 30 September 2016

Where did September go??

Its the end of September today, where did the month go? what with visiting and then looking after DB, I have not seen much of this month, hopefully October will be better. The clocks will soon be going back, fires to light in the evening and curtains to draw earlier as the days draw in and night takes over. 

Its a bright day, sun is out and out of the wind its very pleasant, the wind keeps the temperature down a bit though. DB is out giving the gate a coat of preservative; its something he has wanted to do for a while. Decided on today as rain is forecast tomorrow and it has to prove for 6 hours, otherwise the rain will wash it off.

I have done the Friday clean, stripped the kitchen and sterilised the work surfaces and then cleaned the floor. Whilst I had the mop in my hand I also did the tops of the window frames on the back and cleaned the cills. Lots of spiders running for cover.......yuk.....

No plans for this afternoon, I am going to put my feet up and read. Fish and mustard mash for supper, will do the last of the green beans. Enough crumble from yesterday for dessert, so a splash of cream with it.

This is the hat and Ugg bootees I made there was also enough wool to make a jumper, remember the ones I made a couple of years ago for the African babies, its the same pattern, knitted all in one, the rib at the top forms short sleeves, I might have a go at another one and make the sleeves a bit longer. Not sure if the jumper will go to the g.grandson will have to see.

I have shucked some sweet corn for us to have for lunch with some bread and butter, there is still quite a lot left on the plants will have to take it off and cook it, then take the corn off and freeze it, I can use it up in soup and stews.


2 comments:

  1. Again, well done for all you and DB accomplished today!

    I so agree that September seems to have flown by. Hope October takes its sweet time and will feel as if it lingered.

    Your sweet baby blue knitted items are delightful and I envy this added talent you have. My hands just have never played nicely when I tried knitting and crochet. Oh, well!

    Today is once again overcast with rain possible. If you can believe it, the almanac says we've had more than 9" of rain this month. Glub, glub! This must make up for the lack of August rain.

    Yesterday I trimmed the wee orange HSTs and hope to trim the blues today.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can cut the corn right off the uncooked ears and freeze it in freezer bags. My dad discovered this many years ago, after we spent days cooking, cutting kernels off, and freezing corn. One less, messy step....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.