Monday, 31 October 2016

Monday

Misty morning, but after breakfast the sun came out. I have managed to get a load of laundry almost dry, its over the airer finishing off.

Monday clean done. I made a ring of scone, sliced up the loaf I made and also the chicken left over from last night.  We have cold chicken for supper, a couple of jacket spuds and a tomato and cucumber salad. DB has elected to have cheese and biscuits for dessert.

 DB was in the garden sorting out and putting a coat of preservative on the coal house.

After lunch I managed to finish off the shabby chic cushion cover that I started at my last session with the quilting class. I have cut out the bits for the pencil case, need to sort out a zip, I may have to use a white one, I am not going to buy a zip specially.

DB sorted out the bulbs for me, so tomorrows job will be to plant up the planters for the spring.

A few more photos from yesterday............



Beautiful old English rose, still blooming,


Someone has moles in their lawn.


?someones play house.


A bit too big for my garden, I think its gorgeous.



This old tree stump has been drilled to allow it to be used as an insect hotel.


Pretty pale pink autumn cyclamen.


This is the type of raised bed I would like, ours would need to be a bit bigger though. The beds are 4 ft wide by 13 ft long!! I doubt we would be able to afford one, never mind the 4 we need.


More of the autumn cyclamen, these were white.

Tomorrow is the start of another month. Its been good not having so many hospital appointments this month. I have 2 on the same day regarding my pacemaker and heart.......DB has an appointment re his eyes/ A break then until late December. The month has not been straight forward, have had the heating engineers here for 3 days, but everything is working, which is wonderful. We are so pleased with the wet room too. There is a bit of decorating that will have to be sorted at some point in the not too distant future, but a tin of emulsion paint should soon sort that.

8 weeks to Christmas, and then a new year......this year seems to have passed in a flash, although August and the beginning of September were not too good.



1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos and I like the idea of drilling stumps to make insect hotels! We have a few stumps here and could do that with them.

    What color paint might you use in the wet room? Farrow and Ball makes on called "Borrowed Light" that is a lovely palest blue.

    Hope you'll show us your newly finished cushion cover.

    YIKES!! Only 8 weeks until Christmas???? I need to get busy and will hope my energy holds up. Yesterday I decided to make DB's aunts two vertical wall quilts using the last of some Scottie fabric. These aunts have a cute Scottie named Katie. This is in addition to 3 other Christmas projects that are all in progress.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.