Sunday, 16 October 2016

Stoatin' Sunday

It was not stopping to rain when we went out to Lidl, the shop was not open, had to wait a few minutes for them to open the doors, the foyer of the shop was full.

Back home by 10.45 we drive home through even worse rain......by lunchtime it had stopped and the sun was out, typical.

I have taken the cables etc off the machines ready for them to be moved, also sorted out a cable for the freezer. Its really full, I think we are going to have to take the drawers out, otherwise it will be too heavy. We also have to move DB's chair and the settee up a bit so they can get to the heater in the sitting room.

I am still ploughing my way through the magazines, I was a bit frustrated to find one was missing, so there was a big gap in the serial......had to guess what had gone on.

Lunch was bacon butties, scrummy......supper tonight is roast chicken, roast spuds, carrots, cauli and courgette. I have a plum strudel I want to use up so thats dessert. Half tonight and half put back for another supper dessert.

DB has gone for his siesta, I am going to carry on reading the magazines.......

DD1 and SIL arrived with DGD and her fiance, I had parcelled up the jumper, boots and hat for DD1 to give to DGD, she opened it whilst she was here, very pleased. They had been to Mama's and Pappas at Nottingham to get things for the baby.

Freezer, sewing machines etc moved....the sewing room looks like this now.......




I was standing where the freezer  usually stood when I took these pictures.



Everything piled up and as far as possible covered up.

DGD was 'starving' apparently she is craving cheese, so she did herself cheese and crackers, everyone else had cake and a cuppa.
Goodness the sitting room was full........

Chicken breast roasted in the oven with veg for supper. We had the strudel for dessert.

SIL went home clutching 3 leeks to make leek and potato soup.

The next couple of days are going to be hectic, I will try and post each day, but please forgive me if you do not get your usual dose of Country Living.

It was a pleasant afternoon once the rain passed, although we were glad of the fire in the sitting room.

The close was quiet again once our visitors had gone. 

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I hope all goes smoothly too; our boiler has gone on the blink awaiting a part. Hope the plumber comes tomorrow I have got totally spoilt with central heating and instant hot water. I said before that I lived in a prefab and loved it, well at Christmas and parties we used to have at least 20 people for dinner and tea. We also used to have progressive whist drives where everyone went onto each others houses all grasping a hand made buffet (stool) that my dear old dad used to make in his spare time. The little prefabs were such forgiving little houses and seemed to welcome the more the merrier motto. All the heating will be done and you will be toasty. Love Andie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll add my wish that all goes smoothly to those of Andie and Jill. You and DB have certainly planned well and am glad younger hands came to help with the heavy stuff today!

    Hope the weather will be warm and lovely so you and DB can escape to the garden when things get loud indoors. Hang in there, sweet friend. Remember, this, too, shall pass!

    We'll be here when you get back so take time away or rant as needed.

    I'm about to press and hang my Halloween wall quilt and then hope to hand stitch the binding down on a wee 2 Pinwheel block Halloween quilt that's a gift.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and do hope your Monday is going well and not as much mess as you feared.

    Still fighting with this wretched computer!

    Take care.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.