Sunday, 23 October 2016

Sunday

My goodness, we must have been tired last night, it was almost 9 am before I woke. We had our Sunday Breakfast in bed and managed to be up and showered just after 10 am. We took off for Melton.

It was raining when we left and by the time we got to Morrison it was chucking it down, when we came out, it had stopped and a watery sun was trying to show its face.

We drove round and parked in the car park at the back of Argos and went in to collect the unit I ordered yesterday. A very obliging chap carried it out to the car for us.  I paid for it from my months pocket money. Argos was full of people buying toys, they have a special toy event on this week, so I guess people were buying for Christmas. DB sat next to a lady who was buying stuff for a special bingo night at her pub. A large TV, Hoover,microwave and various other electrical bits and pieces were wheeled out in a trolley.

By lunch time it had turned into one of those cold autumn days, really clear blue sky, but brrrrr. The leaves under foot were all dry and crackly. Cheese sandwiches and fruit for lunch, washed down with tea for me and milk for DB.

The roads we travel most are a sight for sore eyes, such a lot of glorious colours, different greens, gold, yellow and bronze leaves on the trees. The leaves are late falling because of the warm early autumn days we had.

I have had a fail in the garden department. A friend mentioned her dogwood which we know as cornus, it has glorious red stems throughout the winter, and a proliferation of white flowers through the spring and summer. It is one of the plants I do not have in the garden, but believe me we will have by the end of this month. I have bought a small one to go halfway up the herbaceous border. I will let it fill the space so you have to walk further up the garden to see whats planted beyond.

DB has gone for his siesta, I have done the veg for supper, just have to cook half a plum strudel for dessert. The roast spuds will do in with the pork. Going to put my feet up for half an hour.

We had an ambulance in the close again last night, our neighbour in the corner has COAD and was having a problem breathing. The ambulance people managed to settle her, so no trip to the hospital.

My purse is fitted with a lock this month, I need to do a freezer audit and plan next months menu's and do the shopping list. Once the fresh fruit and veg have been bought, thats it. I need to start thinking about meat etc for Christmas lunch.


1 comment:

  1. Despite the rain and chill, you and DB accomplished quite a lot today. Yes, the glory of autumn colors is something to gladden the eye and the heart.

    Hope your new chest of drawers wasn't too heavy to carry indoors once you arrived at home. Is it "some assembly required"? Hope you find it as wonderfully useful as I do the two chests of drawers I have in my small sewing room. You may inspire me to put one drawer to use for my many UFOs.

    The two wee quilts I made as "thank-yous" for two friends both arrived safely and both friends are delighted with them and that delights me. :)

    Wishing your ailing neighbors well.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.