Tuesday, 11 October 2016

Tuesday, a busy day

Its been a busy day.

I set the fire, did a packed lunch, filled a flask for tea, prepped the veg etc for tonights supper and set off for my pacemaker appointment.

A slightly longer test that usual for some reason. I have an appointment with the cardiologist next month, have to have another check before that appointment.

We left the hospital and went over to Coalville to find a shop which was no longer there, it had moved to Ibstock, so we went over and had a look round, a wonderful selection of Batiks of all shades and colours.

Back to a quick visit to Wilkinson, Tesco and Bon Marche. We also went into Costa Coffee for a quick cup of tea. Thats bust my housekeeping again this month.

Back to the hospital to see DB's Doctor. She confirmed that the meeting between the surgeons, cardiologist and the respiratory medicine people had taken place and the general census was that he should not have the biopsy. I had already raised my own concerns about this, so I was happy that they agreed with me. He can go back at anytime should he feel he needs to, I have to watch for various symptoms which may indicate that the growth may have grown or turned into a cancer, it is very unlikely that this will happen. They would still not operate but use radiotherapy to shrink the growth.

As we left the hospital it was raining, so a quick burst to nip to the car without getting too wet. By the time we got to the car it had stopped.

Once back at home, lit the fire and put the supper on to cook. Lovely beef and veg stew with dumplings, cauliflower and calebrese, just the thing for a chilly autumn night. Finished off with banana and cream, yum yum.

DD1 is coming on Thursday to help me sort the back bedroom so that the engineers have room to get to the old storage heater and are also able to fit the radiator under the window.

DD2 phoned to see if we were ok......she is having to have medication for her BP, not good at 48!! She has always had a high BP, the Dr has now decided to treat it.

I am going to put my feet up tonight and watch TV.



3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your busy day went well, that you found the quilt shop even tho it had moved, and that the news for each of you was good at the medical appts.

    Well done in having supper prepped so it was a quick delicious meal since you'd had such a full schedule today.

    I gather that DD1 is home from vacation so hope the unwelcome hurricane didn't cause trouble.

    Enjoy a restful evening!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better news for you both all round. Know what you mean about busting the budget it does not take much. I think they are right about the biopsy, leave well enough alone. Your dinner sounds lovely, we had lasagne but I do like stews. Take care, Love Andie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.