Monday, 7 November 2016

Monday

Bright but chilly this morning, there is a cold wind.

Laundry done, out on the line, it should dry ok. I will iron it tomorrow.

Monday clean done, mopped the tiles on the bathroom walls and just polished them.

DB was out in the garden for a while, he has cut some of the branches off the fir tree in our neighbours garden, he was given permission to cut the branches that over hang our garden. He also walked down to the post office with a parcel for me whilst I re-laid the sitting room fire and mopped over the kitchen floor.

A pot of leek and lentil soup on the hob, I had carrot left from last night, so chopped that up and also the remains of a can of tomatoes. Just what the Dr ordered on a cold day. Enough for tomorrow too.

Library van this afternoon, I have just finished reading the last book, we will need to go to Bingham next week to take those books back.

Lit the fire after lunch, it was cold, P was at the library van, asked her to come round for a cup of tea, had to do a quick run home and put scones on. Spent a pleasant hour talking about anything and nothing. OH was in the kitchen working on his jigsaw.

Eggs, wedges and beans for supper tonight, apple and gooseberry crumble for dessert, there will be enough for tomorrow night as well.





1 comment:

  1. What a nice and productive day you and DB have had. Nice to top if off with a lovely visit with a friend in for tea, scones, and a chat.

    It's getting cooler here, too, and I cannot seem to get warm tho I am dressed in fleece layers. Methinks it will be soup for lunch.

    I have errands to run and would like to sew a bit but time will tell if those plans happen or not.

    It will be SO good to have this blasted election over with but it is scary in a way no election in my lifetime has been. What can people be thinking?

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.