Saturday, 12 November 2016

Saturday and its raining


A very bad night, DB was coughing for most of it, we finally got to sleep about 5am. I got up and made breakfast which we ate in bed. I finally managed out of bed just after 11 am.

Went to the chemist in Clawson and got more nasal decongestant and cough syrup, this is the second cold DB has had this year, I am going to have to keep supplies in. After going so long without the sign of a cold this is a new departure. I just hope I do not get it.

Several people have asked me if my heart disease is hereditary as far as I am aware it is not, but as my father died in 1943 before I was born, I know very little about his family, they are all dead now anyway. I do feel a bit cheated as I did try to do everything I could to remain healthy. Particularly as DB was so much older than me, he always assumed that I would outlive him. I still could but you just never know what is round the corner,

DB went for his siesta, I took him a cup of tea and the last slice of lemon drizzle cake, I guess he may have gone back to sleep. I did give him medication for his sinus's which I know can cause drowsiness. Sleeping is not usually a problem for him anyway.

The rain appears to have stopped, its now starting to get dark. No fire today, I turned the bedroom and bathroom rads off just leaving the sitting room, hall and kitchen ones on, so the rooms we are in are warm.

Nothing done today except prep the supper, spag bol and garlic bread. Banana for dessert.

Heres hoping for a better nights sleep tonight...............

4 comments:

  1. How horrible to be awake almost all night but at least you two gave yourselves permission to sleep later this morning and that was wise. I'll join in your hope for a better night's sleep for you both tonight and that you don't get the cold.

    We keep cold/flu over-the-counter meds on hand along with meds for GI upsets, and headaches. In fact, we have daytime (non-drowsy) and nighttime (drowsy) cold meds so take the nighttime formula before bedtime.

    Yesterday I got a lot of machine quilting done on the yellow star and will soon start on the outer border so it's nearly finished!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, do you have access to your family death certificates as they will give information about the cause of death. Hope your DB gets over his cold soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anne, Hope you both have a better nights sleep and that your hubby keeps the cold to himself! My husband always sneezes everywhere as if to confirm that he has got a cold. I believed him the first time he moaned. I know it is early days but at least you know you have a problem, I have a serious blood disorder and it took me a long time to come to terms with it, but at least I know which helps. When we know we have an illness at least we can address it and take medication for it if possible. I know how you feel, a friend of mine kept fit, was a vegetarian and really looked after herself, then her kidneys failed her, she said she felt cheated so I guess that is how you are feeling. She is still with us and keeps well with medication but at least she knows. Look after yourself and try to relax and rest. Much love Andie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading your posts, and of course thinking of you, and am wishing you well. Hope sleep comes - it's really necessary for good health and so frustrating when it's a struggle.
    Take care dear - you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.