Tuesday, 29 November 2016

Sniff, sniff, sneeze, sniff sniff

Wonderful, not...... yesterday the snivelling seemed to have gone, wrong, by last night I was sitting with a tissue shoved up my nose to stop the drips!! Very elegant.

I went to bed dosed up with vick on my chest, 2 paracetamol and honey, lemon and whisky toddy. Thankfully the cough stuff seems to have reduced the cough, cough from DB so we both slept ALL NIGHT!! wonders will never cease. It was almost 9am before I woke, even then I doubt if I would have woken had it not been for the fact that I needed the loo.

The drip, drip continues........no coughing from DB apart from the occasional clearing of the throat.......

Chiropodist has been so we are fit for another month or two, she comes about every 10 weeks. costs me but at least we both have comfortable feet.

One of DB's favourite suppers tonight gammon, egg, tomato and if he is lucky fried bread. I made a jelly with fruit in yesterday so that will do us for a couple of desserts. Tomorrow is spag bol, so need to cook the mince today.

We have decided to go to Bingham tomorrow, we are both out of reading matter.......I need to do the shopping list. I can go to the bank and draw cash. I am going to split it in half, half for tomorrow the rest for a shop the week before Christmas to get fruit and veg and anything special we want. We are still fairly well stocked with meat in the freezer. I have a couple of parcels of lamb we can have either with roast spuds or salad and I have the small turkey crown which will do several meals either hot or cold.

Its a bright morning, but we did have a very hard frost, its all white, if I did not know better I would think we had a slight fall of snow. One the car has defrosted we will go out and put the cover on the windscreen, then at least we will not have to defrost that in the morning. It will be a slow journey to Bingham there are quite a few twists and turns on the road.

The house is nice and warm, I tripped the heating to be on all day, almost forgot to switch it back last night, it was only when I was about to doze off I remembered. The fire will be lit after lunch so I can burn all the snotty tissues.

I have been fighting the urge to go to the fabric guild in Leicester, I think I am going to have to go. I want baby fabrics to make a quilt for the new baby. There is to be a baby shower.....something else we seem to have imported from the US, in January and I would like to have it finished by then. Trouble buying on the Internet is getting fabrics that coordinate. I want to use blue and yellow for the blocks and a figured cream for the background. The base is a 9 patch made from 5" squares which you them cut apart, add in strips and squares, the block finishes up 20" square, so 4 make a decent baby quilt or play mat.

I have been doing some research on savings accounts, none of them seem to pay a decent rate of interest unless you are prepared to lock a lump sum up for 1 -2 years, further research is needed. It will keep me out of mischief whilst my cold progresses.


3 comments:

  1. So sorry to read you have the sniffles and sneezes. Bother! Hope it's short-lived and some OTC medicine will help you feel better. Oh, and naps!

    How marvelous (in the fullest sense of that word) that DB's cough medicine is keeping the cough at bay so you two could sleep. Most excellent!

    I agree that you need to shop for baby quilt fabrics as you need to see for yourself that the fabrics compliment each other. The pattern you've chosen sounds just right for this project and I look forward to seeing the quilt grow!

    Rainy day here so I want to finish the border on the 12" orange star so both it and the blue star quilt will be ready to layer and machine quilt, then bind. Perhaps I can do all that today and tomorrow?

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you now have DB's cough under control and you both slept well.

    I just read this on face book and might be worth a try: "Some people have used Vicks Vapo rub for years for everything from chapped lips to sore toes and many body parts in between. But one usage is getting a lot of attention lately because studies show that it works 100% of the time. Although scientists discovered this remedy, they are not sure how or why it works, but it does. And it works everytime. To stop night time coughing, you put Vicks Vapo rub generously on the bottom of both feet at bedtime, then cover with socks. Even persistant, heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and will stay suppressed for up to 8 hours of relief. Studies show that it is more effective in children than some of the strongest prescription cough medicines on the market today. In addition, it has a soothing and comforting effect that brings on a sound and peaceful sleep."

    Take care both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We both have T3sco ordinary bank accounts with £3k in, as they were offering a reasonable interest rate. I also have a regular saver (12 months max at £300/month) with First Direct which is paying 6%, but I believe that rate has now dropped. Might be worth liking at though?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.