Wednesday, 30 November 2016

Sniff, sniff,,,,,

My nose stopped running last night, I applied vick again on my chest, fumes made my eyes run!! Paracetamol along with my normal nightly medication, this morning a bit stuffed up  but thats all.

We went off to Bingham, library, bank and Boots for more cough medicine for DB. Then on to Aldi. I did managed to spend a bit more than I intended, but I have enough left (I hope) to see us through to the end of December. We are out for lunch next Friday, so it will just be a sandwich for supper. Christmas day we are out too, should come home with a doggie bag though.

I got DB more cough stuff from Boots, I nearly died it was 75p dearer than the chemist in the next village, will not be getting any more from Boots thats for sure.

DB went over to see how our neighbour is, not good news, his wife is very worried about him. The hospital have told her they think he has the beginnings of Alzheimer's or dementia, I think it is a bit strange at 91. They have told his wife that if he comes home it will only be if there is a full care package in place for him. She is in her late 80's and has heart disease amongst other things, she is not able to care for him herself, it will just be too much. I will go over and see her myself tomorrow.

It has been a nice but very cold day, we had quite a heavy frost last night again, The road was ok this morning, but its a bus route so has to be treated if the weather is bad.

Spag bol tonight. I have made yellow split pea soup for tomorrow's lunch, we finished off yesterdays soup at lunchtime.

Today is St Andrews Day its the first time for many years we have not had Haggis, Neeps and Tatties for supper. I have not found any haggis locally. I will have to see if I can source some for Burns Night in January.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better and were able to accomplish so much on your outing. Good, too, that the cough medicine has decreased DB's coughing most wonderfully. Bother that this medicine cost so much more at Boots.

    What a shame to read of your neighbor's unwelcome diagnosis. Often Alzheimer's progresses slowly, so I hope there's a full care package available for him and that it doesn't fall on his wife to do it all.

    We had rain last night and may have more today and tonight. Right now it's warm and weakly sunny. Back to colder weather by Friday, tho.

    I got the border sewn on the orange star and now need to shuffle thru my batting stash to find batting for both small star quilts. Oh, and finalize my backing fabric choice x 2.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried applying Vicks to the soles of the feet at bedtime? Put on a pair of socks to protect the bedding. It works well for night time coughs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.