Tuesday, 22 November 2016

What NHS????

Our GP phoned for an ambulance to take DB to the LRI (Leicester Royal Infirmary) She wanted him checked to make sure there was nothing sinister going on.

As a non emergency we were told that the wait would be approx 4 hours. which meant 8 pm. I had a phone call from the ambulance people confirming this.

Time marched on, 10pm, no ambulance so I decided we would go to bed, 12 midnight the phone rang, ambulance service, apologising for not getting to us, could not say how long it would be, so I told them to cancel it. We would go to the GP's this morning which we did. Another wait of 2 hours.........but he was seen. Dr tested him, Temp fine, BP fine, sats 97% fine. She then made him stand with his eyes closed and step forward.....he was waving all over the place. Eyes checked no problem there. Diagnosis....... Vertigo so medication given. He has to take it 3 times a day when he starts feeling dizzy, advised to continue for a couple of days afterwards to make sure. Once again I am like a rung out rag. I am really wondering now how long it will be before my body decides its had enough, I just cannot keep going on like this. 

I did have a very stern talk with DB, not that it will do much good but I felt I had to try. I have told him many times the day will come when there is something seriously wrong and I will not take any notice.

This afternoon I went into town whilst DB was having his siesta, I needed fresh veg and fruit plus a couoke of other things.

Just having a cuppa and I will then go through and finish sewing the binding onto the table runner I had to leave yesterday.

4 comments:

  1. And you not so good either. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sweet friend, I can only imagine how draining the ongoing complaining is. When you were a child, were you told the story of "The Boy Who Cried 'WOLF'! as I was? You're right in that if/when there is an actual emergency with DB, it will be difficult to pay proper attention.

    I hope the vertigo medicine will put an end to the symptoms. Long ago, a friend was put on motion-sickness medicine to end her dizzy episodes and that worked for her.

    My guess about what LRI meant wasn't too far off the mark. I had the 'R' as 'Regional' but had the other two words correct. :)

    Hope you can center yourself with the hand stitching on that binding and take pleasure in your completed project.

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very stressful time for you. Three years ago I went through a very stressful year for a variety of different reasons. The end result was - yes- the body decided enough and I succumbed to a very bad attack of shingles. I am convinced this was triggered by stress. Have you been vaccinated against it? If not get down to your GP cos the last thing you need is to be ill yourself. Two and a half years on I still suffer daily from the after effects. Even if you have had shingles it is still worth being vaccinated. Helen in France

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya, I think our men folk have a low tolerance and they think everything is major.
    It seems every day that my DH has a new symptom.
    I know ur DH has a nap in the afternoon so I think you should be doing it as well.
    Look after yourself Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.