Friday, 9 December 2016

First Christmas Lunch Day

DB set the alarm, looking out it was a very grey, lowering sky, so toast and coffee made It was back to bed for an hour. DB was a bit later than me getting up, I had time to wash up the dishes and also relay the sitting room fire.

A note for the front door, we are expecting medication to come sometime today, and sods law says it will arrive whist we are out. DB went over and asked our friends if they would take the packages in if we were still out.

A laid back morning, folded up the aired laundry from yesterday, cup of tea and finished reading my book.

DB spent an hour on his jig saw.........

I will update later today............

We got back to the house just after 3.30 having enjoyed a wonderful lunch. Turkey with all the trimmings, Christmas pudding, mince pies and chocolate mints. A cup of coffee. The children from the local school came to entertain us, as usual there was one child, a little boy, he was really enjoying himself, I have never seen a child open his mouth so wide when singing, he performed with gusto including hand actions. There was more than a little subdued  laughter.

I have to admit I do not think I will be eating anything else today.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you and DB had a lovely day from start to finish, especially that wonderful holiday luncheon with appropriate treats and delightful entertainment.

    I hope your package arrived on time and safely. If all goes as scheduled, I'll get two packages today, too, and that will be nearly the last of the Christmas shopping. Last night I did most of the Christmas cards. Today is a sewing day - I hope!

    It's blustery and cold but sunny here today. Stay snug!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased you had a good time. Lunch sounds delicious. There always seems to be one in a crowd that is such a delight to watch. Makes one wonder if he will be an entertainer in the future.
    Snow started today in London, Ontario. The beginning of our Winter weather has started. Brrrrrr it's cold also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One child always seems to emerge as the "Star". When my daughter was a child she was often the one. It sounds as though you had a wonderful time....good food and laughter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.