Tuesday, 6 December 2016

Tuesday - foggy day

Another late morning, we are going to have to start setting the alarm, it was almost 9am again this morning.

Had just set the table up to wrap the presents when the bell rang. It was P from round the corner, she had forgotten she had an opticians appointment tomorrow. She came in for coffee and a chat. We arranged to pick her up at 12 10pm on Friday to go to the over 60's lunch.

It was late when P went so we had a quick cuppa soup and bread. OH went for his siesta.

The coal man came whilst we were having lunch, dropped 2 bags in the coal house for me so we have enough to see us through to at least the end of January.

It was fairly bright when we got up, so I put the laundry out on the line. I am going to have to go and fetch it in, it has turned quite foggy so the sheets etc will have damped down again, will put them in the dryer. Will finish the quilt cover and sheet off on the airer. I also washed the shower curtain. We have very hard water and the bottom was turning orange. I have to scrub the side and bottom floor of the shower to keep it clean. We have two curtains on the shower, really one is enough so the one I have washed will be put away to hang up when the second one needs washing


Cauli and broccoli gratin for supper, with a jacket spud and baked tomatoes. No dessert sorted as yet. might not need one.

After the parcels have been wrapped, I want to get on cutting the pieces for the baby quilt blocks. I am going to use my go cutter, I can put the pieces for the four blocks in a pile and sew them one after the other, then I will cut them and put the second pieces in to make the double disappearing nine patch. I need to source some backing fabric.

Coffee at the little chapel tomorrow morning will take some of the cards with me to give them out. The rest we will have to have a walk round the village to post them in door. Just two cards to be posted, one to SIL the other to stepson if he does not get over before Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely way to spend a less than ideal weather day: a visit with a neighbor, a handy delivery, laundry, and wrapping gifts!

    We also have less than ideal weather: rain from before dawn until after dark so I will join you in wrapping gifts and will be doing some machine quilting. Lovely Christmas music from Mannheim Steamroller is keeping me company.

    Enjoy the handy Go cutter and the joy of cute fabrics as you prepare the squares for sewing together.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.