Sunday, 4 December 2016

What A Glorious Day

When we opened the curtains the sun was shining fit to bust. There had been a frost so the grass sparkled in the sun.

We were up and away just after 9.30, early for us on a Sunday. A lot of traffic on the road, its the Victorian Fair in Melton this weekend, there was also a lot of traffic on the A46, quite a few large lorries too.

The fabric warehouse was fairly quiet, no problem parking, and it did not take me long to find what I wanted. I had a quick look round to see if they had buttons but could not fine enough of the ones I liked, so we were soon on our way home.

We stopped off to see if my eldest daughter was in, no luck although her car was there, guess SIL was playing golf.

Lunch over DB went for his siesta, I cleaned out and re lit the fire in the sitting room. The sun is still shining, but I guess it will soon start darkening up as evening approaches.

Pork for supper, roast spuds and celeriac, cauli, calebrese and carrots, banana split for OH just banana for me.


Fabric for the baby quilt, cream background, make a 9 patch and cut it two ways. Then add in another 9 patch  using the background with a different colour in the centre.




This is the colour for the second centre, a bit deeper yellow. I will photograph it as I make it. That way it is easier then it looks. I am going to use 4" finished squares rather than 4 1/2 finished square, it will make the finished block slightly smaller.







1 comment:

  1. How marvelous to have lovely sunshine light your day and your trip to the fabric store! Even better are the delightful fabrics you found for your planned baby quilt. Perfect!!

    It's a dreary day here and the cold (high of 45*F) has become a chilly rain. Lights have been needed all day because the sun is hidden behind the cloud cover.

    This morning I cut the batting for the two small star quilts but am too tired to consider beginning the machine quilting. I stripped the bed and need to remake it before I am totally out of energy.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.