Thursday, 5 January 2017

Jack Frost is here again

The car was covered in frost when we went out. We put the protection on the windscreen last night when the forecast showed frost and I am glad we did. The road had been gritted so the journey to Bingham was uneventful. The sun was shining but it was brrrrrr..

Library and shopping done we were back home in time for an early lunch. DB went for his siesta I ironed the bed linen from Monday, so thats ready to go away.

I have two pairs of socks on and my feet are freezing......looks like I am going to have to trip the central heating when DB gets up.

We were contacted by our holiday company this afternoon, the holiday we booked has been cancelled, so we have to choose to go somewhere else, no extra charge......I think this may well be the last holiday we take with this company. Looks like we may change to cottages for next year.


2 comments:

  1. How nice there was no bother from the cold so you and DB could run your errands quickly and get back home.

    I wear wool socks in winter but find my feet are warmer if I also wear fleece-lined clogs with rubber soles as they keep my feet better insulated from the cold floor.

    Am glad your holiday company offered you a change of site at no extra charge so hope you find a place available that you'd like to visit.

    I'm about to run to the grocery and library before our weather might get icy tomorrow.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am miserable if my feet are cold, especially if I am in bed. Primark sell very good fluffy socks and some of the charity shops sell them too. I live in an old stone cottage and I would never have wood floors, the cold strikes through. Underfloor heating would be my ideal. Keep warm. Love Andie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.