Sunday, 8 January 2017

Sunday

We indulged in our usual Sunday breakfast in bed, so it was after 10 am before feet touched the floor.

Re laid the fire and prepped the veg for supper, also made a crumble for dessert. We have a freezer full of fruit, so I have made an apple and rhubarb crumble, will do us tonight and tomorrow, no desserts for the rest of the week.

DB went for his siesta, I got into his relaxa chair, put my feet up and read.

After yesterdays cleaning I am shattered today, so not doing anything, just reading and watching a bit of TV tonight.

Very cold and dank day, we did have a couple of bursts of blue sky and sun, but it did not last long. Forecast is for rain tomorrow so the laundry will have to be dried inside, either on the airer or in the dryer.

Library van is due Tuesday afternoon, it broke down last week. I need to nip round the corner and tell P, so she does not miss him. I can stock up with books again, have read 3 of the 6 I got at Bingham last week.

We have a visit to Melton on Wednesday, we are going in on the bus, just to see how we do, both have eye tests. I am not paying the outrageous parking charges.

2 comments:

  1. As you read a lot could you give me a couple books that you could not put down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A late visit with you before bed here.

    How kind of you to make sure your neighbor knows the library van is coming on Tuesday!

    Am glad to read you had an easy day with time to read after making dessert and prepping the veg for dinner. Good use of time!

    The snow is gradually melting here despite the high temperature being well below freezing. The gravel in the driveway radiates even a tad of heat so the melting occurs from below the snow. Tonight is very cold at 5*F but things should warm up starting tomorrow.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.